Welcome to Montisi
An enchanting village in the heart of Tuscany
Welcome to our website all about Montisi.
Montisi is an exceptional medieval hilltop village in the heart of Southern Tuscany. Now part of the Comune of Montalcino, where Italy's very famous Brunello wine comes from, Montisi makes the perfect base for a holiday in the countryside of Southern Tuscany.
Montisi itself is a tiny village with fewer than 400 inhabitants and yet it is vibrant, exciting and welcoming to all who visit. With its winding streets beautifully decorated with flowers and often with the flags of the Contrade (districts) flying, it presents an inspiring insight into real Italian life. Unsurprisingly it is known in the area as ‘vivace’ or lively.
Montisi offers you the opportunity to have an entire Italian experience within a beautiful village, perched on top of a hill and looking out over olive groves, cypress trees, vineyards and the stunning countryside of Southern Tuscany. You can find everything you need - places to stay, a handful of shops, restaurants, lots of fun and activities to enjoy.
If you venture further afield there are a myriad of beautiful towns and villages to visit within easy reach - Pienza, Montalcino, Montepulciano, Bagno Vignoni, San Quirico d'Orcia and Siena - to name but a few.
And if you are like many of our other visitors, you won't want to leave!
Where to Stay
La Capanna is a self-contained guest house built in local stone, perfect for a couple or small...Read More
Il Villino is built in the typical Tuscan style, surrounded by a large olive grove, with a...Read More
Where to Shop
Shops, Sports and More….
Shops, sports and more…..close to Montisi When you are staying somewhere unfamiliar,...Read More
Alimentari – grocery store
Patrizia e Giuliana Braconi are the owners of a wonderful small grocery shop “alimentari” in the...Read More
Where to Eat
Ritorno di Fiamma
Our newest restaurant open for lunch and dinner every day except Tuesday, serving a wide range of...Read More
Montisi is divided into 4 districts or Contrade (San Martino, Castello, Piazza, Torre). If there...Read More
Events in the Area
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- THE BANNER – GIOSTRA DI SIMONE 2019March 24, 2019XLIX Giostra di Simone 2019 Notice is hereby given that the Proloco of the Giostra di Simone Montisi has opened up the opportunity to submit the […]
- “Eroica Montalcino”May 21, 2018The Pro Loco Giostra di Simone is pleased to announce that this year Montisi will host one of the stages of the cycling race “Eroica […]
- Opening Il Rondo!March 31, 2018We are delighted to have been at the opening of Osteria Il Rondo on Thursday. Open daily for food and drinks this will be a welcome addition to the […]
Pro Loco News
- New Olive Oil FestivalJuly 18, 2019New Olive Oil Festival Montisi, an ancient hill town […]
- THE BANNER – GIOSTRA DI SIMONE 2019March 24, 2019XLIX Giostra di Simone 2019 Notice is hereby given […]
- Giostra di Simone 2018July 11, 2018The Pro Loco Giostra di Simone is delighted to […]