Welcome to Montisi
An enchanting village in the heart of Tuscany
Welcome to our new website all about Montisi.
Montisi is a very beautiful medieval hilltop village in the heart of Southern Tuscany. Now part of the Comune of Montalcino, where Italy's very famous Brunello wine comes from, Montisi makes the perfect base for a holiday in the countryside of Southern Tuscany.
Montisi itself is a tiny village with fewer than 400 inhabitants and yet it is vibrant, exciting and welcoming to all who visit. With its winding streets beautifully decorated with flowers and often with the flags of the Contrade (districts) flying, it presents an inspiring insight into real Italian life. Unsurprisingly it is known in the area as ‘vivace’ or lively.
Montisi offers you the opportunity to have an entire Italian experience within a beautiful village, perched on top of a hill and looking out over the olive groves, the cypress trees, the vineyards and the stunning countryside of Southern Tuscany. You can find everything you need - places to stay, a handful of shops, restaurants, lots of fun and activities to enjoy.
If you venture further afield there are a myriad of beautiful towns and villages to visit within easy reach - Pienza, Montalcino, Montepulciano, Bagno Vignoni, San Quirico d'Orcia and Siena - to name but a few.
And if you are like many of our other visitors, you won't want to leave!
Events in the Area
September 2 - October 24
October 1 - October 29
October 21 - October 22
October 21 @ 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm
October 27 - October 29
October 28 @ 9:00 am - November 1 @ 10:00 pm
October 30 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
October 31 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
December 26, 2017 - January 1, 2018
- ‘Made in Montisi…’October 6, 2017For those British readers who are fans of the popular E4 TV show ‘Made in Chelsea’ one of the episodes in the next series has actually […]
- ‘Spettacolo’ – a documentary about MonticchielloSeptember 6, 2017Very close to Montisi there is a tiny little village called Monticchiello. It is between Pienza and Montepulciano. A documentary has just been made […]
- Our successful new website!August 31, 2017We are delighted by the success of our new website. We have had some wonderful feedback from our visitors including this today: I wanted to let you […]
- More fires near MontisiAugust 29, 2017There have been more ‘forest’ fires near Montisi and it is very worrying because everywhere is so dry. It has hardly rained here since […]
- Tuscan Chef Little Kitchen opens in MontisiAugust 28, 2017We are delighted to announce the opening of Tuscan Chef Little Kitchen on Saturday September 9th here in the centre of the village of Montisi. […]